Recent acquisitions

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Paph. argus (I saw one posted here earlier, fell in love, and when a source popped up... well, here it is.)

Paph_argus.jpg

This is Paph. Mietenkam (niveum x wilhelminae)

Paph_Mietenkam.jpg

And Paph. Oberhausen's Diament (primulinum x sanderianum)

Paph_OberhausensDiament.jpg

ya, argus is in my contemplating list.... should I or should I not..

Slipperfan, I'd love it to hear if you bloom the Paph. Mietenkam (niveum x wilhelminae) easily again. I've got a HUGE pot of it, at least 50 growths that's never bloomed for me. I suspect it's an overgrown compot that I bought 4-5 years ago. The roots were so intertwined I didn't want to separate them so have just potted up over the years. I've tried upping the light in the greenhouse, a cold chill of down to 45 degrees for a week and nothing. Yours is gorgeous so I will resist my urge to throw them against the wall. I bloom my other paphs with no problems.

Looks like a nice collection of blooms :) I just bought some argus, too... should be blooming this week :)

- Matt

I threw them outside for another week of cool banishment. Soon they may be for sale on ebay as a "rare, foliage-only paph orchid. Never blooms! Highly sought after".

Candace said:
Slipperfan, I'd love it to hear if you bloom the Paph. Mietenkam (niveum x wilhelminae) easily again. I've got a HUGE pot of it, at least 50 growths that's never bloomed for me. I suspect it's an overgrown compot that I bought 4-5 years ago. The roots were so intertwined I didn't want to separate them so have just potted up over the years. I've tried upping the light in the greenhouse, a cold chill of down to 45 degrees for a week and nothing. Yours is gorgeous so I will resist my urge to throw them against the wall. I bloom my other paphs with no problems.
My plant is from Florida, so I suspect it likes warmth. But I'll try to remember your question, and see how it likes my Michigan conditions.

If you think yours is actually a compot, why not try separating the pieces and see what happens. Maybe they don't like being tangled in each other's roots.

My plant is from Florida, too. It's very, very happy...just no blooms. We;re getting 45ish temps at night, so they're getting a chill. I may separate them to make them a bit unhappy! Then I'll yell at them a little.

Mine came from Fla......from Thanh Nguyyen. It spiked soon after I got it, and it should open for me within the next 2 weeks...I did keep it in my cool room. Take care, Eric

Eric Muehlbauer said:
Mine came from Fla......from Thanh Nguyyen. It spiked soon after I got it, and it should open for me within the next 2 weeks...I did keep it in my cool room. Take care, Eric
That's where I got mine, also, Eric.

An update:

Since I posted the photos, I've learned that my niveum x wilhelminiae is incorrectly named -- It is actually Paph. Lyro Bellissima. The cross was made and registered by Bob Wellenstein.

Thanks, Bob!

Damn! Checked my argus today and the bud was all brown. Not happy......I rarely lose buds when they are nearly ready to open....Oh well.......Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back