Problem with dollgoldii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will give this a try.
Troy,
I had many plants in a setup like yours on shelves. With the same T-8 lights and same color temperature. I then put some under a 400watt HPS light. Some grew better under the new higher intensity light, some did not, out of the same cross. I put them back under the T-8 lights. It may not matter for that plant if the T8's are 12 inch away or 1" away, they just may not be providing enough light. You may not know or be able to definitely say until you increase the direct intensity. Then you can say it's not the light but it's a bad plant.

I just had high hopes for this one, maybe it will grow better for somebody else $5.00 + shipping it is roth 'early bird' x armeniacum 'golden globe'

Troy, I can give it a new home for a while. $5 and no shipping. I will pick it up sometime this month when I go to Sac.

You can always take it back when you miss it. LOL.

How's that? It will give you some time to change your mind and cool off.

I have her plant too and it's growing really well but the sheath has been there since I got it (May) and now I can see it slowwwwwly opening. I really hope this will be a bud.

Suzy said first but I'm gonna hand it to gego because shipping sucks and I'm terrible with electronic transfers

Ok, I'm not to interested in getting it back, more interested to see if it improves under your care, I don't care for dollgoldi much, for that kind of flower I have 2 harold koopowitzs growing very well

Well john, if I was susan I guess I'd be mad, so it should go to susan, I'll have to have my girlfriend do all the electronic crap, I screw up electronics, dammit, sorry gego suzy had it first aaarrgghh please don't hate me

No problem Troy, please send it to Suzy. If I saw her offer before I posted I would have not done it.

Next time you have a plant that grows like that, I will be interested to do the experiment. Just kidding, you have really healthy beautiful plants. Thanks for sharing that picture to us.

Yes, gego is right. You do have a fine collection of nice, healthy looking plants. I should've said something before now because I did admire your photos of the whole group. Also, maybe Suzy would mail you a cheque?

Thanks gego. I'm almost out of Vandas at the moment; but, I intend to get more soon. However, the last I heard was that exporting to the USA is a huge problem. I may look into this again in the near future though. I'd like to ship to customers in the US. I get a lot of inquiries. Thanks for your interest.

Latest posts

Back