Problem with dollgoldii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy

Reaction score
fd2b294e04532f7745341742df8708d3.jpg

e8d6f87dcf1f5d2602be6a5b07317b4e.jpg

This is treated the same as all my others, yet it is very different, is this genetic?

What Lance says.
Just stretching a bit.

It would be logical to think this is caused by low light, but...
I have had a couple of plants ( one Maudiae hybrid, one parvi hybrid) and they were both among many others in very bright light.
So the cause might just be plant being crazy. lol

Just visited Theresa Hill and her Dollgoldii were HUGE!!!!!!! The flowers were easily 6+inches and the leaf span was probably pushing two feet.

I got it from her, the looonnngggg crown of this one is stiff like it's an inflourescence but it just keeps elongating

Just visited Theresa Hill and her Dollgoldii were HUGE!!!!!!! The flowers were easily 6+inches and the leaf span was probably pushing two feet.

Yikes! Roth genes kicking in, I guess.

I got one from her a couple of years ago. One growth mature plant, now 7 growths plant with about one foot wide. And I thought it was too big for me.
Hasn't flowered yet, although it made this fake sheath last year. I think I see one or two more sheaths now.

I've had it 2 years all it did is stretch, everything else I've had for 2 years has grown tremendously, want it? I paid 45.00. I'll give it to you free + shipping, I'm not to happy at beiing sold a piece of **** plant

How much light do you give it? In my experience these need quite a bit of light. Other than that it looks perfectly healthy. Try a brighter spot and I bet it starts growing normally.....and blooms. :D:D:D

$45 for a DG that size seems reasonable, especially knowing that Theresa sold it. She generally has fantastic plants.

I agree that more light is needed as most DG's tend to lean more to the roth side of things light-wise. Two T-8's aint gonna cut it for roths and many roth hybrids. Sorry for the bluntness, but.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moreandiwine, I'm gonna take a picture of all my plants and post them here for you, including roth hybrids I use epsom salts in low doses every weekend with my fertilizer

Back