Prince Edward of York

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderlen3000

Reaction score
After 6 long years, (at one point I though I loss the plant due to late repotting), my PEOY finally throw out the spike. I originally though, the first growth will not bloom because the leaf stop growing and there is only 4 leaf on that growth. Now it has a second growth, that is about 3 years old, but haven't send out any new one yet.

Attachments

• PEOY.jpg
    PEOY.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 104
Congrats!:) Your patience is paying off now! Be sure to show us a pic of the blooms!

Congratulations!!! I know how you feel. My PEOY finally bloomed this year after 5 years.

6 years! My, you are patient.

I know. Well I though about selling for several occasion and nobody wants it, b/c its PEOY and i can't sell it cheaply like other.

The first flower just open, and the petals are pushing out. Definitely have the sanderianum like petals. Now I just wait and see how long it going to lenghten.

They can take forever. I have a PEOY I bought with 2 very mature, huge BS growths about 5 years ago, and it still hasn't bloomed. The plant did have at least one setback along the way however, where it lost all its roots at one point. It looks like it will finally be ready to spike this year or next.

I have some seedling PEOYs that seem to be moving faster. Im thinking one of my NBS plants might even outpace my larger one and beat it to blooming.

Keep us posted! I have a Prince Edward of York x philippinense and I'd like to see a good picture to compare to :)

Latest posts

Back