Post Christmas Blues - Cattleya style

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
Cattleya Carla Bruni Sarkozy (Lc. Mood Indigo x C. gaskeliana)

C-Carla Bruni-Sarkozy810-12-2009a.jpg

With a name like that, I would certainly feel the blues Leo. But this is a very beautiful blue Catt. and the lips are outstanding, I mean the flowers...:evil:

Beautiful, Leo. And lovely photo. It looks like a standard size Catt plant and flower.

It's a compact Catt, the plant in the photo is in a 4 inch pot. The average growth, leaf & pseudobulb average about 9 inches (18 cm) and the natural spread of the flower is 5 inches (12.5 cm).

It is a Cattleya I picked up to trial this type of breeding for the "ever blooming orchid collection" talk. It seems to work in that it seems to bloom whenever it matures a growth, its previous bloom was about 8 months ago. I think a specimen size plant of this cross could bloom 3 or more times a year depending on how many leads the plant has.

And as much as I try to stay focused mainly on Paphs & Phrags, I can't resist having a few "floofy" pretties in the collection. (I tell the guys they are just for resale, but I just never get around to selling them)

It's a compact Catt, the plant in the photo is in a 4 inch pot. The average growth, leaf & pseudobulb average about 9 inches (18 cm) and the natural spread of the flower is 5 inches (12.5 cm). ... (I tell the guys they are just for resale, but I just never get around to selling them)
If you ever get around to selling this one, I'm interested!

Very nice one! :)

It's a compact Catt, the plant in the photo is in a 4 inch pot. The average growth, leaf & pseudobulb average about 9 inches (18 cm)...
Of course, otherwise Sarko would have complained that the plant is too big for him :evil:

Latest posts

Back