pleione mix

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
few weeks ago nyeric had a whole mess of pleione bulbs, mailed me a decent bunch of mixed types. I potted some into two groups, gave one to my neighbor master gardener and put the other underneath the led light I recently bought from ray, in the bathroom

pleione315a.JPG

pic about a week ago, one bud seen

pleione315b.JPG

shot showing LED light

pleione315c.JPG

pics from around noon today

pleione315d.JPG

looked at bud a few minutes ago, and the bud is growing and expanding
pretty quickly!

pleione315e.JPG

Is it open yet, Charles? What is the bottom translucent tray for? Is it just for catching the water, or does it have some other functionality (e.g. making the humidity gradient in the pot)?

Hello Naoki, I've been taking bud progress pictures and will post them in a group. This morning the flower was funnel-shaped, wasn't sure if that was it or not. Just now looked and it has 'popped' open more, don't know if it will open more.
The flower resembles one of my favorite 'local' native orchids, arethusa bulbosa. It has some of the same colors. My camera washes them out with the bathroom lights, maybe some daylight will help
The clear plastic is the dome top for the high-drain tray I potted the pleiones in; matched set. It is just the right size so you can catch drain water with it, and/or put the top on and take somewhere else to show off. Works very well as a compot

yesterday morning
psteps315a.JPG

yesterday evening
psteps315b.JPG

this morning
psteps315c.JPG

this evening
psteps315d.JPG

psteps315e.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back