Please critique this bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrismende

Reaction score
I want real critique, since I truly don't know much about looking at lowii from a judging perspective. I've tried to mute the colors in the original image to be fairly accurate, though the plant is now out of bloom, so it's from memory.
I bought this plant in a nursery that does not specialize in orchids and I don't know where it originally came from. It was my first multi and this is it's third blooming with me. I'd love to know more about which of it's qualities are good and which not so good. Sorry I don't have measurements.

Petals don't look up to par in the width department. Current awarded lowiis have massive spoons on them.

-Ernie

I agree about the petals. The dorsal shape is nice and symetrical. You may be shooting yourself in the foot when you fiddle with the colours.....especially doing if from memory. Paph. lowii can be very brightly coloured. This clone looks a bit....well.....muted. Overall, the shape is good and the flower count is just okay. I've seen better and I've seen worse. If it was mine, I'd not get rid of it; but, I wouldn't expect it to be awarded on this blooming. Of course, culture might bring out lost more good qualities in the next blooming. It's worth reblooming to see what it can do.

Back