Cattleya lueddemanniana coerulea ‘mariauxi’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A second blooming of this plant and only a few weeks after a repot as I didn’t think it was going to flower. Maybe the flower quality has suffered, it’s certainly not a big plant although the roots are good.
Anyway I’m happy with the outcome. It’s interesting to see some venosa veining starting up on the petals.
Whether it is the true clone or a selfing, I don’t know but the bloom is definitely very close to the original.
IMG_1384.jpegIMG_1386.jpeg
Their new life in Cornwall seems to be suiting the catts. They’re all growing well. Blooms are a good size, well shaped and last a good amount of time,
Davdi

This lueddie is very famous as it was discovered in the jungle and used in creating the blue lines we see today. It naturally is huge with great shape.

It is treasured even today as the Adam-Eve of this blue lineage along with Siquesique.

A second blooming of this plant and only a few weeks after a repot as I didn’t think it was going to flower. Maybe the flower quality has suffered, it’s certainly not a big plant although the roots are good.
Anyway I’m happy with the outcome. It’s interesting to see some venosa veining starting up on the petals.
Whether it is the true clone or a selfing, I don’t know but the bloom is definitely very close to the original.
View attachment 42902View attachment 42903
Their new life in Cornwall seems to be suiting the catts. They’re all growing well. Blooms are a good size, well shaped and last a good amount of time,
Davdi
Wow, really really beautiful! Lueddemanniana is one of my favorites. You gotta love those veins 🤩

Great blooms for such a small plant. I’m still waiting for my coerulea to bloom, congrats!

Latest posts

Back