Plant purchases from the GLOS show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Here are the plants I purchased in bloom last weekend from the Greater Lansing Orchid Society show:

Paph. wardii -- I don't remember that it had a pinched dorsal. I think it may be from being such dry air at the show.
Paph_wardii.jpg

Tolu. Genting Orange. I noticed that as the flowers get older, there is an orange color that appears toward the edge of the lip:
Tolu_GentingOrange.jpg

Rlc. Hawaiian Thrill (Hisako Akatsuka x American Heritage) -- Big flower, and with a very pleasant sweet fragrance:
Rlc_HawaiianThrill.jpg

Lc. (now C.) Crownfox Sweetheart -- this walkeriana (x Mem. Robert Strait) cross has a wonderful fragrance, and I love the subtle lines in the centers of the segments:
Lc_CrownfoxSweetheart.jpg

Paph. Grant Szabo (Delrosi x primulinum) -- I fell in love with this immediately. No hesitation here! Looks like a flaw on the pouch of the 2nd flower, though.
Paph_GrantSzabo.jpg

Den. pendulum -- a very cool species, and not real big, either:
Den_pendulum-close.jpg

Den_pendulum.jpg

More:

Den. Frosty Dawn (Dawn Maree x Lime Frost) I've always loved this hybrid, but couldn't ever grow it. Hoping I can now, with a greenhouse:
Den_FrostyDawn.jpg

Barkeria whortoniana -- little flower on a little plant:
Barkeria_whortoniana-side.jpg

Barkeria_whortoniana-front.jpg

Barkeria dorothea -- Had to have this one!
Barkeria_dorothea-side.jpg

Barkeria_dorothea-front.jpg

Barkeria_dorothea-back.jpg

Darwinara Rainbow Stars (Neo. falcata x Darwinara Charm) -- I have 4 of these, and every one is a different color -- hence the name, I guess! They all have wonderful neofinitia fragrance.
Darwinara_RainbowStars-pink.jpg

Neat!

Who the heck had the Barkerias?! You don't see many around. One of the genera I think would "naturalize" well here.

Nice, and excellent photos! Is the pouch on the wardii wrinkly, or does it just look that way? It does to me. Never had one, so not sure what it is like.

Neat!

Who the heck had the Barkerias?! You don't see many around. One of the genera I think would "naturalize" well here.
Eric Michel. He didn't have many, and I made sure he was the first vendor I visited! He may have more in his greenhouse.

Nice, and excellent photos! Is the pouch on the wardii wrinkly, or does it just look that way? It does to me. Never had one, so not sure what it is like.
It wasn't that way when I bought it. It seemed to happen the same time as the pinched dorsal -- after I bought it and before I got it home. I chose this one after looking carefully at the dozen it came from.

Eric Michel. He didn't have many, and I made sure he was the first vendor I visited! He may have more in his greenhouse.
You VIXEN!!! :mad: I hope he has more! :poke:
Did he have any habenarias and jewel orchids?
It wasn't that way when I bought it. It seemed to happen the same time as the pinched dorsal -- after I bought it and before I got it home. I chose this one after looking carefully at the dozen it came from.

It looks very spent but nice dark petals!

Your GH was gorgeous empty -
what a display inside!!! :drool::drool::clap::clap:

Not at the show, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had some in his greenhouse:
http://michelorchid.com/terrestrialorchids.aspx
http://michelorchid.com/jewelorchids.aspx

He may have others not listed, also. Tell him I sent you -- he says I'm a good customer (I am!).
I'll send him an email before the SEPOS show. I'm surprised that's all the jewel orchids he has on his site after all the stuff that was at the Hoosier's auction. I heard he and a lady in Texas got all the jewels!

I'll send him an email before the SEPOS show. I'm surprised that's all the jewel orchids he has on his site after all the stuff that was at the Hoosier's auction. I heard he and a lady in Texas got all the jewels!
I'm pretty sure he has a lot of stuff in his greenhouse that's not listed on his website. I'm not sure how good he is with email, though I've corresponded that way with him with good results. If there's a phone # listed on his site, I wouldn't hesitate to use it, especially if you want quick action.

Great buys!!!!! I like Barkerias..... :D (although I have not obtained any yet... :()

Back