Picked up plants from the Toronto Orchid Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cat

Today me and some friends visited the Southern Ontario Orchid Society show. These are the plants I took home.

Paph. Angel Hair (St. Swithhin x Sanderianum)

Paph. Spiderman (Michael Koopowitz x Adductum)

Paph. St. Swithin (Philippinense x Rothschildianum)

Paph. Prince Edward of york x Sanderianum

Paph. Spiderman x Paph. Sanderianum - This one is a good size. Bloom in maybe a year.

Lady Rothschild (Lady Isabel x Rothschildianum) - Good size and has a bud.

Shin-Yi's Pride (Michael Koop x Rothschildianum) - Very big plant

Brasiliorchis Schunkeana

Dracula Gigas - Orange color

Plants from my wish list that I could not find:

- Paph. Philippinense x Sanderianum
- Paph. Stonei (Or a hybrid with a stonei in the line)
- Paph. Wossner's Blackwings (Or a hybrid with Wossner's Blackwings in the line)

I looked but could not find them there. If anyone has a plant from my wish list for sale, I'm still looking to buy these.

Every Paph you have is one I want!!! I guess we both have great taste :) would it be rude to ask what kind of price range these plants were?

That's a massive haul of multies! Nice purchases. Seedlings from fv gardens look like they have too large pots for them, hopefully because their root system is well developed. Did you check their roots?

I'll keep you in mind then. 2 of the bigger ones look like they can be divided. The seedlings $25 each, Medium $60 each and the big one was $100.

Every Paph you have is one I want!!! I guess we both have great taste :) would it be rude to ask what kind of price range these plants were?

I have not looked at the roots yet. Last time I got seedlings from them they had very good roots on them but I will be taking a look here at some point.

That's a massive haul of multies! Nice purchases. Seedlings from fv gardens look like they have too large pots for them, hopefully because their root system is well developed. Did you check their roots?

The show was nice. I think they are having another one in September. I will be going again. One of my friends took pictures of everything (When we go on vacation every year in Mexico she takes 4000+ pictures lol). She will be sending me all the pictures so I'll post some once I get them.

Great purchases. You'll be happy with that assortment. Plants look very healthy too. How was the show overall?

Plants from my wish list that I could not find:

- Paph. Philippinense x Sanderianum
- Paph. Stonei (Or a hybrid with a stonei in the line)
- Paph. Wossner's Blackwings (Or a hybrid with Wossner's Blackwings in the line)

I looked but could not find them there. If anyone has a plant from my wish list for sale, I'm still looking to buy these.

Just Pat's Orchids at the Paph Forum had a Michael Koopowitz, in bud for $125 or $150 US.

paphiopedliums of distinction had a Wossner's Blackwings there as well. Smaller plant if memory serves around $50 US

Looks like a good haul. I had promised myself I would stay on budget with only my masdie order from ecuagenera...then I saw that ten shin had paphs for 35 bucks. Budget blown!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Back