• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phragmipedium Ruby Throat

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdupont

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get this hybrid? Orchids Limited had it at one point apparently, but I haven't heard back from them on it, so I'm wondering if it's possible to find it elsewhere. Or, does anyone have a division they would like to sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might help if you put the parents. A lot of people have hybrids that were not named when they got them. :)

Ok, this is:

Phragmipedium (longifolium x klotzcheanum) x caudatum v. sanderae syn. popowii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was an Orchids Limited cross and registered by them, but I have never seen it there or heard them talk about using it for breeding. That doesn't mean they don't have one saved some where.

The seed parent was Hummingbird (klotschianum x longifolium) which was also an OL cross and the pod parent is now called humboldtii (I know, fighting about the right name for this species still goes on but this is how Kew is currently calling it).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Woops - although Blue Nanta lists the parent as humboldtii, if you look up humboldtii in the plantlist.org which tracks from Kew, humboldtii is a synonym for what is now just called extaminodium.

This particular species has been horrible to get name agreement.

Woops - although Blue Nanta lists the parent as humboldtii, if you look up humboldtii in the plantlist.org which tracks from Kew, humboldtii is a synonym for what is now just called extaminodium.

No offence, but plantlist.org lists it as a synonym for Phragmipedium warscewiczii (Rchb.f.) Christenson. A strange decision if you ask me. Not only because they got the spelling wrong. (Should be warszewiczii in that case.)

Rob

Not an offense, Rob, to point out the truth. It is humboldtii subspecies extaminodium that tracked to just extaminodium.

Plain humboldtii tracks to warscewiczii.

There is also Phrag warszewiczianum as a species, separate from warscewiczii. Uggh.

Latest posts

Back