Phragmipedium kovachii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to grow one of these but I can't keep a bessae alive, so I'm afraid to attempt it.

We have them growing in straight Diatomite (medium size), with some living moss on top of the pot. They are standing in water the whole time, so we never let them dry out.

Robert

Very similar to what I am growing them in. I am in fine diatomite with large chunk perlite standing in water.

It has started to open!

Two Days ago (2/20/2010):

Phragkovachii-bud-2202010.jpg

This morning (2/22/2010):

Paphkovachii-side-2222010.jpg

Phragkovachii-front-2222010.jpg

Robert

Awesome!! I'm still waiting for my Haley Decker to bloom!

Just a question about the pics - in the first pic of your last post. Is this without flash? Do you have HPS bulbs? The other pics look like natural light.

Awesome!! I'm still waiting for my Haley Decker to bloom!

Just a question about the pics - in the first pic of your last post. Is this without flash? Do you have HPS bulbs? The other pics look like natural light.

Jerry took that picture, but I think he took it later in the day when it was getting darker outside, so yes the HPS bulbs were on. The other two, are with natural light.

Robert

How exciting! It looks shy in the front shot.
I switched my big Pk seedling into diatomite after seeing yours. I had it in fine bark but after about 6 months of looking wonderful it has started to look a bit stressed. The roots are great on it but I think the bark was starting to break down too much. I'll keep an eye on my little guys in their compot as well and switch them if they start to look peked. Thanks Robert!

Latest posts

Back