Phragmipedium besseae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
This is its best blooming so far. I'm quite happy with how this turned out. This is the second bloom on the spike.

I moved this to semi-hydro. It was a rough transition initially, but once the plant adjusted and the moss started growing on top, it's done pretty well this way. I grow it slightly shadier than most of the rest of my Phrags and I never let it dry out. It's grown indoors so temperatures are moderate year round.

hdaKwCjl.jpg

mLHvFkwl.jpg

ag9rYMQl.jpg

VtoXpw6l.jpg

Full Album

Are you using lights inside or just a window? I’m curious about bringing my besseae’s inside for the summer. Here in Florida the summers can be brutal on some of these phrags

Are you using lights inside or just a window? I’m curious about bringing my besseae’s inside for the summer. Here in Florida the summers can be brutal on some of these phrags

Yes, this is grown indoors year round under lights. Summers here can be brutal in terms of temperatures, as well. At the very least, indoor temperatures are generally less than 80F, and this plant seems to handle that just fine.

Yes, this is grown indoors year round under lights. Summers here can be brutal in terms of temperatures, as well. At the very least, indoor temperatures are generally less than 80F, and this plant seems to handle that just fine.
my outside temps are already getting into the 80s and im not sure how my besseae's will handle them once summer rolls its ugly head in but i do have a bud on one now fingers crossed that it doesnt blast

Latest posts

Back