Phrag. kovachii habitat photos from Isaias Rolando

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally, am as excited about it as I was for a sequel to Spice World.

kentuckiense said:
It's just Chapter 1, guys. Let's be patient.
I am very patient, however, I was excited thinking about a blue orchid ( similar to the color of meconopsis betonicifolia).
So the blue we are talking about is similar to the word "blue" or "red" that phalanopsis peoples using to describe something violet/purple.

Hien said:
I am very patient, however, I was excited thinking about a blue orchid ( similar to the color of meconopsis betonicifolia).
So the blue we are talking about is similar to the word "blue" or "red" that phalanopsis peoples using to describe something violet/purple.

A matter of interpretation and translation. To rural Peruvian people a purple flower could be easily described as azul (blue). A very light purple colored flower seen in a group of dark purple flowers would likely be called blanco (white). So don't hold your breath for the white kovachii either.

COMENTS ABOUT CHAPTER 1

Thanks for the kind coments...and the "other" coments.
Again, Mr Creuzen, you are so wrong about the convictions. I will prove in Chapter Nº 2 what was sent, according to dates, documents and CITES, who and what each of Mr Arias's clients received that year of international scandals in orchid trafic.
All of you would think there is nothing new, but thanks for your patience you will have your facts soon.
Thanks to Hien and Lance for their genuine interpretation about "colors" for local Andean habitants of those regions. For them, a blue is similar to violet. But, as a matter of fact I have new information about the appearence of a second alba PK...yes, definetively I am waiting for a picture of it. Hope to have it soon. I am searching to what happened to the plant and to inform INRENA to follow up this information.
Excuse my ignorance BWESTER, but what is Spice World?
Have a good night

isaias m rolando said:
COMENTS ABOUT CHAPTER 1
But, as a matter of fact I have new information about the appearence of a second alba PK...yes, definetively I am waiting for a picture of it. Hope to have it soon.
There goes my IRA!:p

isaias m rolando said:
COMENTS ABOUT CHAPTER 1

Thanks for the kind coments...and the "other" coments.
Again, Mr Creuzen, you are so wrong about the convictions. I will prove in Chapter Nº 2 what was sent, according to dates, documents and CITES, who and what each of Mr Arias's clients received that year of international scandals in orchid trafic.

What a lot of nonsense.

All the indictments, charges and convictions I have posted on this forum are true and can be found on the USDOJ website under Press Releases.

For Arias and Norris you will find the following:

In March of 2004 Peruvian Manuel Arias Silva and US citizen George Norris
are charged with “conspiring to smuggle into the United States protected orchid specimens, including specimens of the genus Phragmipedium”
(note, P. kovachii is not mentioned anywhere)

According to the indictment, Arias sold several shipments of orchids to Norris between January of 1999 and October of 2003. Arias would obtain a CITES permit from INRENA, but include in the shipment species not included on the CITES permit. He would put false labels on them and give Norris a code by which he could identify what the true species was.

Manuel Arias and George Norris were not charged with smuggling or possessing Phragmipedium kovachii (which was not even an option in the period 1999-2002) It is totally false and unfair for you to say that they were convicted in connection with Pk, as you clearly did in an earlier post.

Unless you are addressing another person, my last name is Croezen. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear ST Fellows
It seems that Mr Creuzen owns the truth and perhaps my english is not good enough for you to read what you want to read. Mr Creuzen is concluding things that I have never said. Please let me know if I can write in Spanish, so there will be no more "mistakes" interpreting what I have wrote.

CHAPTER 2 IS READY....in spanish

Have a good Sunday

Isaias,

I can read your Spanish.
Translation is also available online at Babel Fish Translation
It would be excellent if you would post what you write in both Spanish and English.

Post facts and proof in any language. Members can discuss the translation. You can answer their questions. Forum members want to hear the truth and see the proof you offer.

Puedo leer su español. La traducción es también accesible en línea en [ los pescados Translation[/URL de URL="http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr"]Babel ] ella sería excelente si usted fijaría lo que usted escribe en español e inglés.

Hechos y prueba del poste en cualquier lengua. Los miembros pueden discutir la traducción. Usted puede contestar a sus preguntas. Los miembros del foro desean oír la verdad y considerar la prueba que usted ofrece.

gonewild said:
Isaias,

I can read your Spanish.
Translation is also available online at Babel Fish Translation
It would be excellent if you would post what you write in both Spanish and English.

Post facts and proof in any language. Members can discuss the translation. You can answer their questions. Forum members want to hear the truth and see the proof you offer.

Puedo leer su español. La traducción es también accesible en línea en [ los pescados Translation[/URL de URL="http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr"]Babel ] ella sería excelente si usted fijaría lo que usted escribe en español e inglés.

Hechos y prueba del poste en cualquier lengua. Los miembros pueden discutir la traducción. Usted puede contestar a sus preguntas. Los miembros del foro desean oír la verdad y considerar la prueba que usted ofrece.

Lance, I agree with you. One can get the general idea, but there are unfortunate changes of meanings; exactly what we do not want to happen.

Here is how babelfish translates your Spanish paragraph:

I can read its Spanish. The translation is also accessible in line in [ the fish Translation[/URL de URL="http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr"]Babel ] she would be excellent if you would fix what you write in English Spanish and. Facts and test of the post in any language. The members can discuss the translation. You can answer your questions. The members of the forum wish to hear the truth and to consider the test that you offer __________________

Peter,
Yes, there can always be something lost in direct translations. That is why I suggest it be posted and then discussed. If Isaias posts something that is translated incorrectly either by himself or someone or something else he will have an opportunity to explain what he means.

Online translators are not perfect but if you think about the translation as you read it you will understand what it is trying to say.

In the case of his chapter one I don't really see where Isaia's English has made any great errors. He stated what he was going to show proof and made suggestions that the persons with convictions were involved with kovachii plants. Just because the indictment does not include something does not mean that Isaias does not have evidence to show otherwise.

I think Isaias should post his opinions, statements, proof, accusations or whatever he has to say in whatever language he wants to use. Freedom of speech is here for everyone. He should also be prepared to defend any statements he makes.

Everyone has always wanted evidence and proof for rumors and statements surrounding P.kovachii, let's hear it.

I have corresponded by private e-mails with Isaias for many years. I guarantee he has no problem with English.

I for one do not like to see other languages on ST.

Peter

Greenthings said:
I have corresponded by private e-mails with Isaias for many years. I guarantee he has no problem with English.

I for one do not like to see other languages on ST.

Peter

Well, I have had no problem understanding Isaias and I look forward to all of his chapters. What he says seems very clear.

What he started in english, he should finish in english. His original accusations were made in english, his "proof" should be posted in english as well. Changing languages in mid-thread seems too much like an attempt to confuse the discussion and avoid providing the solid proof he has promised.

John M said:
What he started in english, he should finish in english. His original accusations were made in english, his "proof" should be posted in english as well. Changing languages in mid-thread seems too much like an attempt to confuse the discussion and avoid providing the solid proof he has promised.
I agree. It was Isaias who wondered if his English was good enough. No one else...

Not really caring. I believe we all know about Pk and it's introduction into this country. If there are other international violations there is little we can do about them here. I don't think pointing fingers at people is going to solve the problems of orchid stripping and illegal exports. Just my way of saying let's grow up and hear solutions not problems!

NYEric said:
Not really caring. I believe we all know about Pk and it's introduction into this country. If there are other international violations there is little we can do about them here. I don't think pointing fingers at people is going to solve the problems of orchid stripping and illegal exports. Just my way of saying let's grow up and hear solutions not problems!
Solution: An orchid safari adventure land, complete with native guides (provide for local jobs, once it is their living, they will protect the source of income, similar to the effort with parrots), selling seedlings (artificially created in Taiwan, raised in Southeast Asia) at the door before the tourists get a chance to empty their pockets somewhere else.:p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back