Need help with besseae and kovachii habitat

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hellp all,

I’m brainstorming a potential display for a show and would like to know if any of you know what other orchid species grow in the native habitat with besseae and kovachii. Yes, I know they are not found growing together.

Thanks

Tyler

Hellp all,

I’m brainstorming a potential display for a show and would like to know if any of you know what other orchid species grow in the native habitat with besseae and kovachii. Yes, I know they are not found growing together.

Thanks

Tyler
Ask Ecuagenera…. They would know very well.

Ask Ecuagenera? Besseae is a tough one. The rock surfaces they like support little to nothing else. Nearby? As in in the jungle immediately near the cliff surfaces? Stellis, Epidendrum, Pleurothallids, and some non orchid types like Anthurium and begonias. Kovachii is easier and that species does share its habitat with other species. Phrag. warszewicsianum, Maxillaria striata (in fact several species of Maxilliaria), Epidendrum, and non orchid types like begonias.

Harold Koopowitz did a lecture some years ago about actually hiking up to the Kovachii environment... he had some pretty good pics as i remember...

Latest posts

Back