Besseae awards

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These two besseaes were awarded yesterday with both 79 point HCC at our monthly judging.

Good flowers but needed a little more to get to AM (one was small but good shape and other had minor damage). Maybe next blooming.

522A48E4-CF8B-4ECC-80B5-250AB8B8B27B.jpegD48FE1A1-92D5-4807-A49D-AC8EFFBAC05F.jpeg567A90AC-706E-45E2-9EF0-E254BFB45E86.jpeg
They came as a group of 5 of different crosses.

Congrats to Andrew (Roehampton Orchids) for growing them well to achieve this. Hard to get any award for a highly awarded species! In fact, he got 4 of them awarded this past year! Kudos.

Wonderful image from a very good grower!!
I have a couple of besseae's limping along and then I see this, gee wiz. Taint fair E, taint fair. Droooooooooooooooool. Wiping my chin.
🤣😭

Great show, and a good experience for judging besseae. I remember a great grower here about 20 years ago put one of his besseaes up for judging, it got an AM/aoc. During the discussion over the virtues of the plant, it was stated the flower petal width was 1mm bigger than another awarded clone. I thought that was pushing it when that was brought up on the pannel for judging. but it got an AM.

Latest posts

Back