Phragmipedium kovachii ‘Jabba’ HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awarded today at the Windsor show with a 79 (yikes) point HCC/AOS to my friend Andrew.

It was a touch and go thing. When it first opened I was thinking too small petals and shouldn’t take to judging. But yesterday when I saw it, I’m like hmmm might scrap by with a HCC.

So I took it last night on my long drive to Windsor show with me.

This morning when I woke up it was slightly bigger and flatter so it impressed the judges to reward it an award. I requested it be judged first as it might changed later in the afternoon lol.

Congrats to Andrew of Roehampton Orchids to his second kovachii award in less than a month! Quite an achievement!

8CA07DCF-3477-4D00-8AD4-94AEC08FB230.jpegD154446D-4CD2-4663-A9B9-412CC16E04F6.jpeg65B0AB2B-FC79-4257-BB4F-E600DDCAAEF3.jpeg
C6CCD464-C276-40F5-8CC8-D5B5CD68EB1D.jpeg

Perhaps.
We’re you on the team?
It has been a few years since I sat at the table with a kovachii in front of me. I will admit to that. Not since Glenn Decker brought them into NYC.

They were very rare in Florida and I have not seen one here.
Maybe an 81 or 82 by me would have made a difference? I guess we will never know.

Perhaps.
We’re you on the team?
It has been a few years since I sat at the table with a kovachii in front of me. I will admit to that. Not since Glenn Decker brought them into NYC.

They were very rare in Florida and I have not seen one here.
Maybe an 81 or 82 by me would have made a difference? I guess we will never know.
I wasn’t on the team that awarded it.

Yes your 82 would have mattered!

Latest posts

Back