Phrag. kovachii habitat photos from Isaias Rolando

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hien said:
Solution: An orchid safari adventure land, complete with native guides (provide for local jobs, once it is their living, they will protect the source of income, similar to the effort with parrots), selling seedlings (artificially created in Taiwan, raised in Southeast Asia) at the door before the tourists get a chance to emty their pockets somewhere else.:p

They made a TV program about that place. It was called Fantasy Island.

Seriously, Hien it is a gallant idea but it does not work. The similar efforts with parrots have not helped the local communities improve their lives. In fact it has torn communities apart socially.
Tourism as a tool to protect the environment really only serves to make a few people wealthy and alienate the "poor locals" even further to the point they become hateful toward the subject being protected.

gonewild said:
Tourism as a tool to protect the environment really only serves to make a few people wealthy and alienate the "poor locals" even further to the point they become hateful toward the subject being protected.

Thanks for saying it Lance, I agree with you; having lived there, you know it and probably have seen it first hand.

gonewild said:
They made a TV program about that place. It was called Fantasy Island.

Seriously, Hien it is a gallant idea but it does not work. The similar efforts with parrots have not helped the local communities improve their lives. In fact it has torn communities apart socially.
Lance & Peter,
I should not believe in most of the things I saw on TV (And here I though I am too jaded already), The PBS documentary made it seem so rosey.

Greenthings said:
Thanks for saying it Lance, I agree with you; having lived there, you know it and probably have seen it first hand.

I have seen it first hand. I'm sorry to say that I have hundreds of interviews on videotape with local people telling about their problems and grievances with tourism projects and conservation NGOs.
The money just does not trickle down.
:mad:

Hien said:
Lance & Peter,
I should not believe in most of the things I saw on TV (And here I though I am too jaded already), The PBS documentary made it seem so rosey.

Sorry, TV nature programs are not reality anymore. They in the beginning but not any longer. All fake and scripted.

It is hapening already
The "others" are acting against my reputation at my university and threatening members of my family. I have a pregnant wife at this moment and she just mentioned to me that the phone and the e-mail are constantly receiving very dirty messages and warnings.
My friends, family and lawyers consulted recomended me to stop all comunications.
I deeply regret to decide not to continue with this. I will only stay as an observer.

isaias m rolando said:
It is hapening already
The "others" are acting against my reputation at my university and threatening members of my family. I have a pregnant wife at this moment and she just mentioned to me that the phone and the e-mail are constantly receiving very dirty messages and warnings.
My friends, family and lawyers consulted recomended me to stop all comunications.
I deeply regret to decide not to continue with this. I will only stay as an observer.

Ayay yay, Valentino, all of our shooting the breeze in this dark smokey bar, and I am not coming to your tent to night, and making out under the moonlight?:drool:
And here I am all working up for naught.! Do you really mean that our whole [pk] affair ends at chapter numero uno :sob:
Better get a cold shower quick , Hien, or all these KI in the meridians will go haywire.
Seriously, Isaias, the safety of yourself & your family should come first. Nothing is really worth it.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the friends and memebers of ST that have sent public and private messages.
I will keep you posted through my pics. If something happen to me you will see no mkore of my pics

Latest posts

Back