Phrag Fire Cascade 'Trud's Muir Monster' FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Chuck! :clap: That is a beautiful orchid. Your display looked great too. I loved the little lepanthes you had too; the foliage was amazing!

I see you also won the COC's president's choice for this plant as well. Well done!!

Congratulations! Wish I could have been there to see that! Is this a pic of the awarded bloom? http://www.canadianorchidcongress.ca/
Was it you also that got the CCM on the Eric Young?

Hello Kevin,

Yes, that is a photo of the awarded bloom. And yes, I did receive a CCM for my Phrag Eric Young 'Trud's Doc Holiday' AM/CCM/AOS.

I'm sorry you couldn't be there also. That would have given us a chance to meet personally.

Chuck

Congratulations Chuck! :clap: That is a beautiful orchid. Your display looked great too. I loved the little lepanthes you had too; the foliage was amazing!

I see you also won the COC's president's choice for this plant as well. Well done!!

Yo Jo,

Ok, so why didn't you hunt me down and say hello?

Chuck

Yo Jo, Ok, so why didn't you hunt me down and say hello? Chuck

I'm sorry, I did look for you (I know what you look like; you spoke at one of our FOS meetings a few years ago). I wasn't at the show for very long - arrived late because of the terrible roads and left early for the same reason. Next year...:)

Will be interesting to see what the plants that you did not keep bloom out like. I have one, and am eagerly awaiting the bloom!

So, can you tell us a little about the clonal name?

Sure Kevin.

Trud is my wife, so that part is obvious.

I am an avid fly fisherman and see lots of parallels between fly fishing and orchid growing. Both are ever changing, mental stimulating, demanding of skill and commitment, solitary and very rewarding pastimes for me. I give clonal name to many plants that refer to fondly remember fishing places and times. Slim Creek and Cranberry Junction are two examples of many I have used.

I fish at a wonderful little lake 45 minutes from home called Muir Lake. It has some large trout in it considering that it is a relatively small pot hole lake. I spend many wonderful evenings there. You know the fisherman's tale about the monster in the local lake. So ... I fish there for the elusive Muir Monster. This flower is the my orchid equivalent to the Muir Monster, the difference being that this time I was extremely lucky and "caught the monster".

Chuck

Sure Kevin.

Trud is my wife, so that part is obvious.

I am an avid fly fisherman and see lots of parallels between fly fishing and orchid growing. Both are ever changing, mental stimulating, demanding of skill and commitment, solitary and very rewarding pastimes for me. I give clonal name to many plants that refer to fondly remember fishing places and times. Slim Creek and Cranberry Junction are two examples of many I have used.

I fish at a wonderful little lake 45 minutes from home called Muir Lake. It has some large trout in it considering that it is a relatively small pot hole lake. I spend many wonderful evenings there. You know the fisherman's tale about the monster in the local lake. So ... I fish there for the elusive Muir Monster. This flower is the my orchid equivalent to the Muir Monster, the difference being that this time I was extremely lucky and "caught the monster".

Chuck

As an anthousiastic fly fisherman too I do like your explanation and comparaison Chuck!
And now I will look at your registration names with more attention (Maybe I will get some good fishing spot :drool: )...

Also a fly fisherman (though I chase tarpon). Fantastic flower, and tremendously consistent. Congrats, this plant deserves it.

Wow! Nice flowers! How big are they? Is this plant the fastest grower from the flask? How old is it? Someone told me that you got rid of the other seedling and keep this plant that grows like a weed!

Paphman910

Wow! Nice flowers! How big are they? Is this plant the fastest grower from the flask? How old is it? Someone told me that you got rid of the other seedling and keep this plant that grows like a weed!

Paphman910

The bloom is about 16 cm tall or around 6.25 inches. It was the most vigorous seedling. I kept only 10 seedlings from the flask and sold 9 of those. This is the only plant I kept.

Chuck

Back