Paphiopedilum wardii ‘Monster’ HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My large wardii received an HCC of 78 points today. I thought it would score higher but there were too many awards from Rob H. (LittleFrog) that was hard to surpass lol.

But I’m grateful it was recognized nonetheless… plus I was placated with the FCC 🤭!

Here is ‘Monster’ in all his glory:

77C5E38E-3A4B-4A14-8FBE-5598B00A07CB.jpeg5A7F53FD-83D5-4896-B8BF-F1122E07A355.jpegB05EE47A-2296-4C29-BAB4-B2888140B3B1.jpeg
DF56DEF4-CC1B-49AE-9CBB-F4DFD6E71B57.jpeg

There’s another few posts on ‘Monster’ this year and last year too, pre-award period. I don’t know how to link here but you can do a search on the forum if interested.

I found out that the cultivar name 'Monster' was reserved for Ramon so I changed the cultivar name to 'Last of the Dragons' because the flower coloration reminds me of the scales of a dragon.

Congrats Leslie for another award which deserves this lovely flower at any rate.
I found out that the cultivar name 'Monster' was reserved for Ramon so I changed the cultivar name to 'Last of the Dragons' ...............
How do you handle this with the certificate ? Do you get a new one ?

Back