Habenaria medusa ‘Dana Lynn’ FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hab medusa was always a species that I thought was pretty cool. This plant was selected almost two years ago from a group of first bloom seedlings. Thankfully, it was not murdered by me during dormancy. Hahaha

Assuming it would get no higher than an AM, I had the clonal name ‘The Lorax’ with his big bushy mustache. But when I heard it an FCC, I switched to ‘Dana Lynn’ who is the most beautiful flower to me, my wife. She puts up with my orchid adventures, the least I can do is name the good stuff after her.

Hab medusa ‘Dana Lynn’ FCC/AOS

Tyler

Photos by Ramon de los Santos

Attachments

• 20232329 Habenaria medusa 'Dana Lynn' FCC.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20232329 Habenaria medusa 'Dana Lynn'FCC.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 20232329 Habenaria medusa 'Dana Lynn' FCC side.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
Hab medusa was always a species that I thought was pretty cool. This plant was selected almost two years ago from a group of first bloom seedlings. Thankfully, it was not murdered by me during dormancy. Hahaha

Assuming it would get no higher than an AM, I had the clonal name ‘The Lorax’ with his big bushy mustache. But when I heard it an FCC, I switched to ‘Dana Lynn’ who is the most beautiful flower to me, my wife. She puts up with my orchid adventures, the least I can do is name the good stuff after her.

Tyler

Absolutely stunning plant Tyler. Ramon made that weed look pretty good.
Wise name choice. Better than Miss Wiskers.

How are you growing these? Inside/outside? Media? Thanks! I need to reach out to the guy I was too late asking last year…
Thanks!

I use HP ProMix and add in maybe 15% #3 perilte. Stop watering when leaves start to yellow, placed up on a shelf to eliminate the desire to water. When the leaves are brown, unpot and put in a new pot with a little media. When there is a tiny growth, pot up and start to water when the growth breaks the surface. Water and fert like everything else

Thats it basically. I’m sure that other better Hab growers do it differently but that how I do things.

Tyler

Tyler

Beautiful!

Thanks!

I use HP ProMix and add in maybe 15% #3 perilte. Stop watering when leaves start to yellow, placed up on a shelf to eliminate the desire to water. When the leaves are brown, unpot and put in a new pot with a little media. When there is a tiny growth, pot up and start to water when the growth breaks the surface. Water and fert like everything else

Thats it basically. I’m sure that other better Hab growers do it differently but that how I do things.

Tyler
Thanks for the dormancy tips, my leaves are starting to yellow so over to the cactus shelf they go…

Latest posts

Back