Phrag. besseae 'Carlisle'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Angela. Here's a photo I took this morning with the flower fully open. HNS = 8.4cm and PW = 2.8 cm. Wish I could get an AOS judging team out here to judge it because IMHO, it's awardable and I don't think it'll last until the Madison show in 11 days. Fingers crossed, though.

Attachments

• IMG_2294.JPG
    IMG_2294.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 24
Wonderful bloom & colour Tom!! I've been trying to self this cultivar for a while now, but it has resisted my efforts. It would be nice to know the ploidy. I've also got one in bloom at the moment in a bonsai pot.

Not sure of the ploidy, but the plant is very robust and the flower has heavier substance than our other breeding clones.. We were able to self this clone a year or so ago and the seedlings are currently in compots, so they'll probably be available as individual seedlings this fall or next spring; current leaf spans are 2 inches so they have a ways to go.

Thanks, Angela. Here's a photo I took this morning with the flower fully open. HNS = 8.4cm and PW = 2.8 cm. Wish I could get an AOS judging team out here to judge it because IMHO, it's awardable and I don't think it'll last until the Madison show in 11 days. Fingers crossed, though.

Turns out _I'm_ the one who didn't last until the Madison show last weekend. Fighting a cough and cold the week before the show and it just kept getting worse instead of better. Ended up with pneumonia, and steroids + antibiotics became the order of the day. My sincere apologies to the folks up in Madison; hoping to do the show next year.

In any event, slowly improving over-all and looking forward to the upcoming MOS show in Madison Heights in late March. Here's the latest photo of 'Carlisle' with two flowers open on the same stem.

Attachments

• IMG_2328-4.jpg
    IMG_2328-4.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back