Phrag ‘Leslie Garay’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

kitfox

Reaction score
An oldie but a goodie. I got this plant as a small, single growth plant and had very low expectations on multiple counts. I posted over on the current longifolium album (it’s pollen-parent is album) thread that I kind of hoped I wouldn’t like the bloom because the plant had gotten so large. LS is just shy of three feet on the blooming growth, and this is just a three growth plant. It takes the space of 6 more petite growers, and my old farmhouse isn’t roomie enough for plants like this one. But you know what, it is a really imposing and attractive flower. My photography stinks and won’t nearly do it justice, but I might be swayed to hang onto her a while longer...F57D568C-B2D1-464F-9D6D-557AA6FDAE07.jpeg0E50CFC5-456B-4DC9-B969-163A97D98B1D.jpeg

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Gorgeous flower and very distinctive. It's worth the space. I like big Phrags.

I divided the sedenii today and if a trade is in the offing, I have a very nice four growth division

Last edited:

kitfox

Reaction score
Gorgeous flower and very distinctive. It's worth the space. I like big Phrags.

I divided the sendenii today and if a trade is in the offing, I have a very nice four growth division
I think I have a ‘Cardinale’ with your name already on the tag, awaiting a string of warm days just like this one was...soon...saw the yellow of our first daffodils today!

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent. Thank you. I think I should keep the sedenii a bit to let the new roots develop. One daff showed it's
little early face today then it was beaten down by the rain...very sad. Daffs always do that here; they pop too
early and then a late weather system whacks 'em. Last year I had a couple of hundred making a wonderful
show; they got whacked hard. KY is a very strange place in more ways than one.