Photos: Visit to Ching Hua Orchids, home of the 'Hsinying' series

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the wonderful tour Hardy! I must echo the sentiments above: :drool::drool::drool:

Now, this will make you all jealous...Ching Hua is coming to Calgary as a vendor at our Foothills Orchid Society Orchid Show, Oct 23 - 24th. :clap:

Thank you guys, I'm glad you liked the post. :D

Thanks Hardy. Amazing setup. A feast for the eyes. Where were all the multi-florals?

David

David, I didn't see many multiflorals. I think they don't grow out many seedlings of those types too. Just a personal taste of theirs I guess.

Thanks so much for sharing... :D I find it interesting that they grow some paphs quite dark.. Brachys, for example.. Or maybe its just the photo... What a load of Maudiaes... :) So tell us what you got... :p

Paphioboy, yes, the brachy grow area was not that bright. They didn't have many of those too btw. Well, I enquired Mr. Gao the owner if he could select a big-sized green maudiae for me and he was about going to do so, but the price was out of my range. :p I got several cattleyas and few other stuff. But then I bought a couple paph flasks thru mail-order :D

Thanks for the wonderful tour Hardy! I must echo the sentiments above: :drool::drool::drool:

Now, this will make you all jealous...Ching Hua is coming to Calgary as a vendor at our Foothills Orchid Society Orchid Show, Oct 23 - 24th. :clap:

That's cool! You may want to look thru their online catalogue, I think they also take pre-orders.

Cheers!

Can you imagine keeping track of all that inventory?:eek::crazy:
Thanks for the tour!

Ching Hua was at our show Oct 23 - 24th. Their plants were fabulous. I own a few now. :D

This was their display at our show. I think all the flowers were cut. I ended up with a bouquet of the oncidiums.

IMG_1469.jpg

WOW!!! Great pictures!!!!!!! How much do plants cost from the nursery there??? I am with Dot...:D:D:D:D

You're welcome :p

Hi Thanasis, for mericlones, the price from the nursery is pretty much the same as the wholesale price offered at their website: http://chinghuaorchids.com.tw/

But for some strange reasons, they seem reluctant to sell certain mericlones locally. They are cheap on the USD price list but priced much higher at the farm :confused:

For individual plant it can go from a couple bucks to a small fortune :D
There's a not-for-sale area too, meaning the owner Mr. Gao has to be contacted before the plants can be sold. The owner travels a lot....

Latest posts

Back