philippinense var. palawanense, druyri, helenae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful collection, but my heart always goes out to helenae and your
bloom is gorgeous. I just bought a druryi and I dearly hope it's as
lovely as your bloom. The distinct markings are so attractive.

Great diversity, and really nice looking flowers.

I'd take them all:drool:

Do you have any documentation on the philippinense?

I like the Philippinense. How many hours per day did you give it before flowering? Also do you have a difference in temperature between day and night and if so, how much?

I am trying to make mine flower. They are growing huge amount of roots and leaves, but no flower.

Thanks for the continued great comments :)

I like the Philippinense. How many hours per day did you give it before flowering? Also do you have a difference in temperature between day and night and if so, how much?

I am trying to make mine flower. They are growing huge amount of roots and leaves, but no flower.

It has about 6 hours of direct light and overall 10+hours of light in the summer. In the summer my evening temperatures go down to 15C/60F and day time temps go up to 35C/95F for about an hour or two before cooling down again. Average day time temps are 25C/77F with the nights pretty constant at 15C/60F.

when you say direct light, do you mean unfiltered sunlight?

Thanks for the continued great comments :)

It has about 6 hours of direct light and overall 10+hours of light in the summer. In the summer my evening temperatures go down to 15C/60F and day time temps go up to 35C/95F for about an hour or two before cooling down again. Average day time temps are 25C/77F with the nights pretty constant at 15C/60F.

[/QUOTE=Spaph;494982]Paph. philippinense var. palawanense... will post an update picture when all 3 flowers are open!

Inspired by Paphman910's praestans pics I tried the blue sky background to showcase all three flowers open on my Paphiopedilum philippinense var. palawanense. In the sun the petals have this beautiful purple color, I am just thrilled with this plant! :clap:

15251285491_8419a93474_c.jpg

Purple on the petals
15067617339_c5e8f190b9_c.jpg

Back