Phal. schilleriana 'select' x self + mini NoID

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mutant

Reaction score
It seems to be schill- and schill hybrids time! I also have a Phal Wiganiae in flower (but it hasn't opened all its buds yet, so pics will have to wait), plus my other schill is in spike/bud as well (as is my stuartiana and my philippinense).

I got this Phal. schilleriana 'select' x self this summer, since I still wanted a schill with a more distinct mottled foliage. I got it, but I was disappointed with the size of the plant, especially considering what I payed for it.

Let's just say that it more than made it up to me, by having such beautiful flowers, and I hope this little plant is going to start like living with me, so I get the honour to see its flowers for years to come. :)

268408.orig.jpg

And here's the little NoID, one of the few that I have left. I think there's probably some schilleriana somewhere in its heritage:

268409.orig.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments!

I love the on the mini too, one of the reasons it got to stay, despite being a pesky NoID. ;)

As for fragrance on the schill, we've had no sunlight for over a week, so I don't know if it's fragrant or not. :(

I'm in desperate need of better weather...

Gorgeous schill., Theresa. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the one
you have is fragrant. Many of the new schills. on the market aren't nearly
as fragrant as the "old" plants.

You are not alone in your desperate need for sunlight.

Latest posts

Back