Peter, Germany

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boarisch, ah now I know. That's the language that Borat ( http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q...m=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1306&bih=850 ) speaks isn't it?
:p :rollhappy:
But I can assume that you live in Bavaria? Never been there, and stupid me passed on an invitation to come to friends in Munchen to go to the "Wiesen" during the "Oktoberfest".
No Marc, it isn't that way !!
'Boarisch' is slang and means in correct German 'Bayerisch' and that's the dialekt which is spoken in some parts of Bavaria.
As far as I know John Boy is neighter a Bavarian guy nor he lives in Bavaria.
I assume it was just a fancy of him to write these words.

'Boarisch' is slang and means in correct German 'Bayerisch' and that's the dialekt which is spoken in some parts of Bavaria.

I know, I tried to bring across some sarcasm but somehow I failed. :(

As far as I know John Boy is neighter a Bavarian guy nor he lives in Bavaria.
I assume it was just a fancy of him to write these words.

Yes, he is!!!
Born and raised (until 7) in Starnberg,....and: really...it doesn't get any more bavarian. These days however: I'm more at home in the U.K. than anywhere else, though I'm currently back in Germany.;)

Welcome

Herzlich wilkommen und schoene Grussen aus die Niederlande.

Hallo Marc,
danke für die Willkommensgrüße aus den Niederlanden.
Ich denke bei euch gibt es mittlerweile auch viele Gärtnereien,
die Paphios anbieten und nicht nur die normalen Phalaenopsis.
Gruß
Peter

welcome

Servus! soag i!

Hallo John Boy,
Dein Name klingt aber gar nicht bayrisch!
Danke für die netten bayrischen Grüße.
Auch wenn ich nur ein Saupreis bin, versteh ich
das bayrisch ganz gut, hoast mi!
Ich bedaure die übrigen Leser, die leider kein bayrisch
verstehen.
Gruß
Peter

In the 60 th. we sang the song: "If you come to San Francisco,
be sure to weare some flowers in your hair".
But I started to grow orchids later in the 80 th.
Most of the hippies have moved to the U.S. state of Oregon but there are still a few left in the Haight-Ashbury area of San Francisco.

My great-grandfather emigrated to the U.S. from a small village in the Sauerland region of Westphalia called Oesdorf. It is near Stadtberg/Marsberg and very close to Hesse. I visit my relatives in Germany every few years. It is a beautiful place!

Best Regards,
Nik von Rüden

Hallo Marc,
danke für die Willkommensgrüße aus den Niederlanden.
Ich denke bei euch gibt es mittlerweile auch viele Gärtnereien,
die Paphios anbieten und nicht nur die normalen Phalaenopsis.
Gruß
Peter

Let's switch to English so the other users also understand what were talking about.

Most of the Phalaenopsis breaders over here are big commercial growers that produce for flower shops and garden centers. Then there are quite a few smaller nurseries / hobbyist were you can buy Orchids.

Botorch by Herman Terborch in Helmond
Claessen Orchideeen close to Weert
And for instance Wubben Orchideeen which is also well know by some european members of this forum.

Unfortunately if these nurseries sell Paphs it is only a small sample, there is only one bigger Paph breeder in the Netherlands and that is Rene Klinge, but I've never visisted his greenhouse.

Most of my Paphs come from other peoples collection and a lot of them come from Germany. A few were bought at Lucke Orchideen and I'm planning to go to Schwerte this summer.

Welcome Peter. You must have a good collection.
But I do not know what subgenus Mastigopetalum or Mystropetalum. What species are there in the respective subgenus???

Hello Howzat,
Guido Braem wrote in his book Paphiopedilum about the Genus
Paphiopedilum and the Subgenus Parvisepalum (armeniacum),
Subgenus Brachypetalum (bellatulum), Subgenus Polyantha
with Section Mastigopetalum (rothschildianum) and Section
Mystropetalum (parishii).
Peter

Latest posts

Back