Hello from BC, Canada

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda B

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am very happy to have found this site again. I bought my first orchid, prosthechea cochleata, from Oak Hill, in the 1990's, and I still have it. I grew every kind of orchid, about 150 of them until 2919 when I developed cancer. I had to get rid of most of them because I was unable to care for them. I kept about a dozen, mostly dendrobiums and a couple of phrags. This year I was bit again by the orchid bug, but now I only want to grow summer blooming phals and phragmipediums. Thank goodness for Kingfisher Orchids, there is nothing going on with orchids where I live. Now I am waiting to receive two new phrags and a new cattleya. I have always had pretty good luck with phrags and they are probably one of my favorites.

Welcome back Linda! I wish you much health and happiness from SE Michigan!
Only summer bloomers? That will prove difficult. If orchids will bring you joy, peace and happiness, let them put a smile on your face on a year round basis???
Joy knows no season!! 💕❤️🥰

I am very happy to have found this site again. I bought my first orchid, prosthechea cochleata, from Oak Hill, in the 1990's, and I still have it. I grew every kind of orchid, about 150 of them until 2919 when I developed cancer. I had to get rid of most of them because I was unable to care for them. I kept about a dozen, mostly dendrobiums and a couple of phrags. This year I was bit again by the orchid bug, but now I only want to grow summer blooming phals and phragmipediums. Thank goodness for Kingfisher Orchids, there is nothing going on with orchids where I live. Now I am waiting to receive two new phrags and a new cattleya. I have always had pretty good luck with phrags and they are probably one of my favorites.
Aug 19 in Vancouver , a pop up sale at Van Dusen gardens. Ecuagenera, ten shin n chinghua will be selling. Free admission

Welcome from Ladner, BC Linda. Ditto about the VanDusen sale next Saturday. There will be local vendors there too so you should find lots of goodies if you're in the Vancouver area.

I
Welcome from Victoria, BC. I have known Patrick of King Fisher Orchids for a long time.
Welcome from Ladner, BC Linda. Ditto about the VanDusen sale next Saturday. There will be local vendors there too so you should find lots of goodies if you're in the Vancouver area.
Thank you. I live in the Okanagan so about five hours from Vancouver. I have to order all my orchids. I currently am waiting for an order from Eucagenara which will be shipped from Montreal. Holding my breath until I find out how much the shipping will cost. lol

I

Thank you. I live in the Okanagan so about five hours from Vancouver. I have to order all my orchids. I currently am waiting for an order from Eucagenara which will be shipped from Montreal. Holding my breath until I find out how much the shipping will cost. lol
Once I had two separate shipped from Toronto to Vancouver 5 days $80+, 2 days 200+

Welcome back Linda! I wish you much health and happiness from SE Michigan!
Only summer bloomers? That will prove difficult. If orchids will bring you joy, peace and happiness, let them put a smile on your face on a year round basis???
Joy knows no season!! 💕❤️🥰
Thank you so much for the lovely welcome. Orchids and painting are indeed my passion.

Once I had two separate shipped from Toronto to Vancouver 5 days $80+, 2 days 200+

Not as bad as last year when my shipment was shipped on the week of December 19, 2022 during the snow storm across Canada and my shipment got delayed by FedEx 2 day shipping until received I got the parcel on Dec 23, 2022.

Latest posts

Back