Retired on the Mendocino Coast

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello:

After 32 years in the non-orchid nursery business, I am happily retired with ample greenhouse space. I began growing Cymbidiums some 66 years ago, and Paphs are a new focus for me, and quickly becoming my primary interest. Our ocean moderated cool climate is wonderful for Cymbidiums, Mexican Laelias, Aussie Dendrobiums, Disas, Masdevallias and Odontoglossums as well.

Looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing to the forum.

Kermit

Yes, the genus Salvia was our focus for the last 20 years. Still maintaining and expanding our VIBE and BODACIOUS lines of mass market plants. Two new introductions hit the market in 2025 with more in the pipeline.

I wish I was young enough to hybridize Paphs and Cymbidiums. For now it's just time to enjoy the work and talents of others.

OMG two of my addictions just crashed into each other! 💕 😂

Welcome Kermit! What a treat to have you here. I’m down in Sac and work for a large nursey where Salvia has become my outdoor garden addiction! We have terrible soil and it’s one of the easiest things to grow and keeps my pollinators very happy. I’m eagerly awaiting the incoming new varieties this year!

Yes, the genus Salvia was our focus for the last 20 years. Still maintaining and expanding our VIBE and BODACIOUS lines of mass market plants. Two new introductions hit the market in 2025 with more in the pipeline.

I wish I was young enough to hybridize Paphs and Cymbidiums. For now it's just time to enjoy the work and talents of others.
Bodacious Smokey Jazz is one of my favorite Salvias. Have fun with the Paphs!

Hello:

After 32 years in the non-orchid nursery business, I am happily retired with ample greenhouse space. I began growing Cymbidiums some 66 years ago, and Paphs are a new focus for me, and quickly becoming my primary interest. Our ocean moderated cool climate is wonderful for Cymbidiums, Mexican Laelias, Aussie Dendrobiums, Disas, Masdevallias and Odontoglossums as well.

Kermit
Welcome!!! You’ve found a great forum! Great to have you!! We are all jealous of ample greenhouse space!! Don’t fill it up too fast!!

Hello:

Kermit
Glad we joined such a nice knowledgeable forum! Welcome from the East Coast.

Back