Cheers from the Central Coast of California!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No business or econ. major here. Well in a nutshell I majored in accounting only because it was the only program that required 3 semester/3 years high school credit of language. And I had 3 years in high school and I'm a lazy ass. Right now I work at a tiny public accounting firm who's belly primarily consists of auditing laborers unions and compliance to mom and pops businesses. I'm attempting to study for the test but have been severely demoralized as working as a full time accountant by 2-3 horrendous clients that I have to take care of.

And I totally agree with the learning by doing. I've learned so much about compliance and the the full opening and closing of a business since I started interning about a year ago.

Your real challenge

Marco said:
No business or econ. major here. Well in a nutshell I majored in accounting only because it was the only program that required 3 semester/3 years high school credit of language. And I had 3 years in high school and I'm a lazy ass. Right now I work at a tiny public accounting firm who's belly primarily consists of auditing laborers unions and compliance to mom and pops businesses. I'm attempting to study for the test but have been severely demoralized as working as a full time accountant by 2-3 horrendous clients that I have to take care of.

And I totally agree with the learning by doing. I've learned so much about compliance and the the full opening and closing of a business since I started interning about a year ago.

DON'T LET YOURSELF FEEL DEMORALIZED! The most important accomplishment that you can do is to learn how to deal with all kinds of people effectively, not necessarily satisfying their particular needs but proving to yourself and to them that you are more than confident enough to deal with the problem they are facing though because of limitations that you must operate under you are not in a position to offer any meaningful insight as to resolving such issues. This is where college education is lacking.
Perhaps in another major in which crises management is taught.

I do not know if I can provide you with the mental reserve necessary but if you have not been too damaged by the insensitivities and the seemingly impossible demands that have confronted and challenged your tolerance then my best advice is to look at those situations from every possible angle so as to get as much of an overview of the problem as is possible. The more you can learn about an issue the higher the probability is that you can develop an approach of resolution. Perhaps it is time-related? Get my stuff done now or yesterday? The challenge is in scheduling your workload to the demands of both your employer and the clients you are servicing. Look at it and see where there are areas that you can seek changes in from your employer as to what is expected or what can be delayed in order to meet the client's demands. I am just guessing in this issue. The whole point of working is to develop success in the field you have chosen. But it is like every thing else. If you do not aspire to it or strive to work to it then don't expect someone to come along and give it to you. Anyhow Marco, that is my sermon of the moment.
I do hope it helps as I have definitely been in your situation.

Back