Paphiopedilum schoseri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is so rarely seen. Kind of looks like what you'd expect between crossing acmodontum with venustum.

From an eco point of view, when you come up with a good idea in one place it often pops up independently under similar habitats some where else.

"Parallel evolution". emerald tree boas (from the Amazon) look just like green tree pythons from New Guinea. Including having babies starting out yellow or red before turning green. Pythons are egg layers and boas are live bearing so genetically and physiologically they are very dissimilar.

I have just found some of these for sale, does anyone know the growing requirements? This isn't one I knew of until today.

Thanks

Hi everyone, can you please help to understand what’s appening to my Phapiopedilum schoseri please? It has arrived to me whit the stem but seems no to want to grow up, it only want to sleep on the leaf 😂
Thank you 😊

Attachments

• 2769131D-3407-4973-BA9D-D8EC8E861C31.jpeg
    2769131D-3407-4973-BA9D-D8EC8E861C31.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 17
  • A4193073-630F-4152-AFEA-CDF7041F8B23.jpeg
    A4193073-630F-4152-AFEA-CDF7041F8B23.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 17
@Taniap be patient) It could stop because of new conditions.
Maybe it needs more water. Leaves are looking dry.
Hi Lucienne thank you 😊 I’m very patient whit orchids 😊
I was just wondering why the bud had this very asymmetrical haze and the stem, even if it stretched, remained so bent, the bud is still resting on the leaf today.
Perhaps the photo does not render but it has no dry leaves, the stem is growing.
All that remains is to wait 🤞

Latest posts

Back