Paphiopedilum sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations, Magnus, on such expert growing. The plant is stunning - great color, leaf shine, size. The flowers are extraordinary! You're a master.

Welcome to our forum! You will be an asset to an already very well rounded group. We're glad you have arrived.

:drool: Sums it up completely for me!!!! :clap:

How do you keep the petals' tips from not drying out? Mine seemed to dry out in a day.

How do you keep the petals' tips from not drying out? Mine seemed to dry out in a day.

Raise the humidity!
And give the plant enough water...

During the growth of the flowers I had it in my largest growing cabinet, when I lowered the humidity the petals dried out VERY fast.

Magnus, Do you keep it wet/moist year round?

I let it "dry out" when not in growth. But not as much as a Cattleya. The medium is always humid / slightly moist. Otherwise, during active growth, I do not let it dry out to much.

I though find it very hard to describe this as I trust my feeling, and I think that my feeling turned out well...

Those are fantastic. Really quite a spectacular group of flowers. Still very expensive everywhere I've looked--and probably requires too much heat. Thank goodness fate provides reasons for keeping me from making foolish choices in life (well, more often than not). Congratulations on your flowers, Magnus.

Steve

I have been asked to publish these pictures of my P. sanderianum.
As I understand, there is a slight interest of all kind of paphiopedilum on this forum ;)

I grow this in my apartment in a west facing window up in the north (Uppsala, Sweden). It is the first time it flowers and the longest petals were about 90 cm (plus minus 0.5 cm). It is about 35.5 inch... :)

10677276725_b074557194_o.jpg

10677535493_2feaebee54_o.jpg

10677535023_bcb8c0771a_o.jpg

10677277245_28a815d5cd_o.jpg
Any updates. It must have bloomed within 10 years;);). Also did the flowers get better

Back