Paphiopedilum sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder mine never blooms. My apartment was built in 1938 and has siding, not brick.

I do not know if you are being sarcastic, but the brick wall in an old building with an old built standard actually sets the indoor climate to a large extent. A top modern energy saving house have a very special climate and a very different compared to an old house.

What you need to do as an orchid grower is to master your own condition and not look too much on other growers. Take inspiration but always remember that other growers can have very different climate due to factors they never think of mentioning.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: WONDERFUL sandie & great photo as well!
Welcome to ST!!!

WOW. First post and you come up with that. You have raised the bar high for yourself. We expect nothing less from now on. :)

Five flowers first up is amazing, especially with such petal length.

Congratulations, Magnus, on such expert growing. The plant is stunning - great color, leaf shine, size. The flowers are extraordinary! You're a master.

Welcome to our forum! You will be an asset to an already very well rounded group. We're glad you have arrived.

Congratulations Magnus!!! :clap:

This is one of the best (probably THE best) sanderianum bloom I have ever seen!! 8 years from a young plant to such one plant is not too bad, I think. Now you have a fantastic and valuable plant. Maybe you could save the pollen to give some growers for breeding. ;)

The cross is possibly Shin-Yi x In Pride: http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16694&highlight=sanderianum
Similar flowers, maybe Fabrice's plant can produce same flowers as yours next bloom when bigger.

Fantastic flowering! What give courage to those who have no greenhouse.
@ Magnus: how many months (in a year) do you use your artificial lighting, is it used throughout the day? I ask these questions because as in Sweden here in Belgium we suffer from the same lack of natural light.

Magnus, welcome from South Africa!
Fantastic first post! I cant add anything to what has already been said, but well done, that is a fantastic plant and an awesome blooming!

Awesome blooms! What is humidity like on your windowsill?

Hard to say, never cheched it. But we have very dry winters . During summer the night temperature drops and the humidity goes up. I could guess that summer daytime is about 50-60 %RH.
I can add that during the flower growth I had it in my growing cabinet in my livingroom, and there the humidity is around 60-80 % RH.

Congratulations Magnus!!! :clap:

This is one of the best (probably THE best) sanderianum bloom I have ever seen!! 8 years from a young plant to such one plant is not too bad, I think. Now you have a fantastic and valuable plant. Maybe you could save the pollen to give some growers for breeding. ;)

The cross is possibly Shin-Yi x In Pride: http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16694&highlight=sanderianum
Similar flowers, maybe Fabrice's plant can produce same flowers as yours next bloom when bigger.

Yes, it is very similar to Fabrice´s plant!
I can add that it is the second growth that sent the spike as the first stopped growing for unknown reson. Probably the couse that it had the energy to put out 5 flowers.

Fantastic flowering! What give courage to those who have no greenhouse.
@ Magnus: how many months (in a year) do you use your artificial lighting, is it used throughout the day? I ask these questions because as in Sweden here in Belgium we suffer from the same lack of natural light.

We have it even worse than Belgium ;-) Today the sun is suppose to set at 3 pm but as we have had a rainy day, as we usually have in Oct-Nov, we have had dusk all the day!
I usually have the extra light on for 10-12 hours during the winter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back