Paphiopedilum sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Magnus A

I have been asked to publish these pictures of my P. sanderianum.
As I understand, there is a slight interest of all kind of paphiopedilum on this forum ;)

I grow this in my apartment in a west facing window up in the north (Uppsala, Sweden). It is the first time it flowers and the longest petals were about 90 cm (plus minus 0.5 cm). It is about 35.5 inch... :)

10677276725_b074557194_o.jpg

10677535493_2feaebee54_o.jpg

10677535023_bcb8c0771a_o.jpg

10677277245_28a815d5cd_o.jpg

Glad to see that you made it here Magnus. I was going to respond to your problem with posting just now, and it looks like its all figured out. Thanks for sharing your sandie here. These guys will love it.

That's a very nice sanderianum. The colour is wonderful and the petal length is excellent. The petal length of your flowers is LONGER than the 'Rapunzel' clone listed in the Guinness Book of World Records (88.5 cm's). You should contact them.

Welcome to SlipperTalk! Thanks for posting the photos of your wonderful plant.

first of all congrats ,for me one of the most beauty sanderianum flower that I have ever seen so far ,really amazing,your achievement make me happy because you are a windowsill grower like me ,so my sanderianum maybe one day can be like your,second I am a bit hungry because you have reach a incredible achievement ,hard to beat for me,and not only I think ,third tell us ,if you want something about your plant. how many years you keep it,and where you buy it and if you have a secret for us , cure you some parameters like humidity,light,temp fertilizer etc etc or not?
thanks in advance,anna

Thank´s everyone.

My culture:
Appartment, house from 1937, brick wall.
Substrate: mixture of bark, expanded clay pellets (LECA), spagnum moss, some limestone, coconut fibres (I think) and maybe some Epiweb.
Light/temperature, west facing window, living room. Summer 20-30 degree Celsius, winter 17-23 degree Celsius.
Extra light during winter, MH 5600K 150W about 130 cm distance.
Fertilizer: regular pot flower fertilizer every second time during active growth, more seldom during the dark Swedish winter. Strength due to what I feel is appropriate at the moment. Though always weaker than recommended.

I hope it give some good information you could adopt to your growing conditions

Latest posts

Back