Paphiopedilum rothschildianum, 2 very differents clones

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabrice

Reaction score
-Jurassik Parc x self from Popow (Germany) (2nd Bloom)

P6130034.JPG

P6130035.JPG

-Queen x Tiger from Iweyshen (2nd bloom), deflasked in 2007.

P6130040.JPG

P6130044.JPG

And together:

P6130049.JPG

Both of them are gorgeous, while the german breeding line looks more similar to a native form. However the other one has beauty stripes on its petals. I think if you try to cross this two, the result would stunning as well. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, Jurassik Parc is a wild collected clone.

About Queen x Tiger, the 1st bloom was in 2013, so 6 years after deflasking. The faster from this cross bloomed after 5 years, in 2012.

Very nice indeed, but I must admit complete confusion as to the appeal of an orchid that takes a decade to bloom!?!? Are Roth's just the next fad?

Not 10years, 7 years for the 1st bloom of this plant and 6years for the fastest of the seedling.

The new crosses, well grown, will take at least 5 years, maybe 4 for the fastest plants.

Very nice indeed, but I must admit complete confusion as to the appeal of an orchid that takes a decade to bloom!?!? Are Roth's just the next fad?

Lol not a fad...just a flower for those with impeccable taste. they are talked about often these days as the latest generation showing great advances in flower quality is blooming recently.

One thing is sure, those 2 roths are not from the last generation but it's clearly not a problem to my eyes.

Great growing and superb flowers. I like the first one as the flower presentation is near perfect. Thanks for sharing these.

Latest posts

Back