Paphiopedilum parishii and friend

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Second time around for my parishii! Although its still opening, I wanted to share it. It should end up with five blooms. Not too shabby.

20230810_131656.jpg

Opening right next to the parishii is Paph QF John Fields. It is a monster of a plant. Two inflorescences are opening, and a third one is on the way.

20230810_131844.jpg20230810_131848.jpg

I will take other pictures once they finish opening

Nice flowers! Any culture tips? I have some and they are doing OK but I'm wondering if they have any unique requirements from other multi florals.

Nice flowers! Any culture tips? I have some and they are doing OK but I'm wondering if they have any unique requirements from other multi florals.

If yours are doing fine, you are in good shape. The only thing that may count as unique from my perspective is a seasonal change. During the cooler months (night time lows in the 50s) I grow it drier. It does not dry out completely or stay dry for long periods. Since I grow outside when I can, parishii goes out earlier and comes in later than much of my collection. When it is inside for the winter, i continue to water less. My inside winter night temps are in the low 60s near the parishii. During the summer I grow it with my other multi-florals outside.

I have always grown parishii like this. So, I am not sure if the seasonal changes are necessary for good growth.

Thanks! For my other multi florals that are not on a heat pad, I generally do the same in the cooler months. Again, it seems like you have a good growing regime!

Darlene, your QJFJ looks very nice, especially with its 3 flower spikes, but your P. parishii is great, a feast for the eyes. Furthermore both plants are very well grown....well done. 👍

It’s perfect and lovely in every way!!!

Always been my favourite Paph species. The dark twisting petals are beefier than phiilies and darker than sandies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back