Paphiopedilum Lynleigh Koopowitz in Low Bud

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Well, it is so low down the leaf that the photo does not really show, but I am so excited when I spot a bud! :)

This is my 4th LK that is spiking for me.
The very first one, which had a great flower, died from a sudden basal rot the first week the flower opened. :mad:

The second one turned out to be horribly malformed. :(

The third one was alright but it is growing in an out of control manner that leaves me quite puzzled. :confused:

This one happens to be the smallest one (leaf span of only 5 in) so far and I was not expecting a spike at this size. So I am extra excited about it! hopefully the flower will be good. For now, I'll just enjoy the leaves and the growing spike.

Fingers crossed for you. I have a habit of blasting LKs...I'm not really sure why.

The leaf pattern on this LK is almost identical as one of my delenatii (pink form x alba) without any malipoense influence, while all my other LK leaves have very much the same pattern with much more malipoense influence which I prefer.
But then again, that's the fun of hybrids I guess. :)

Well, I would like to start a thread on that other LK to get some inputs.
Basically the growths are coming from at different "elevations" along the "stem" and I am so lost. lol

So, here's an update on this guy in a little over one month.
I am now beginning to doubt that this might be just a straight delenatii rather than LK.

The bud shape is just very different from what I'm used to on LK.
Then again, who knows? It might be very delenatii-like LK.

I guess I'll have to wait a couple more weeks and find out.

Right? The bud is actually super hairy (more so than typical LK) but not really visible in the photo with the background being white.

LK bud usually have green buds with or without varying degree of dark coloration and the bud has rather pointy tip. Plus, the spike is usually very very tall like malipoense.

This bud looks like it want to open up very soon.

Will post once this guy opens up.

Latest posts

Back