Paphiopedilum Luna Moth x henryanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
In bloom again in two long years!
Nothing changed in the color or form since. I believe Luna Moth is an album maudiae type hybrid.
It is interesting how strong the henryanum influence is.
The flower is small and the plant is a little bit bigger than usual henry with the leaves looking like henryanum.

I bought this plant in two spikes in the summer of 2013.
Each growth at the time had a small fan just starting, one of which is in bloom now. So it's been painfully slow for me.
The other fan is about ready.
It is now total of 5 growth plant, but I'm getting rid of it as I don't see much difference compared to henryanum, and I have lots of henryanum seedlings to grow out, not to mention other henryanum hybrid babies to deal with. :)

henry%20lunamoth_zpstwqh2zhk.jpg

Cool. I've seen several crosses of similar type (i.e. henry x maudiae-type), but only ones made with relatively lightly colored maudiae parent. With all the vini paphs out there, I'd be curious to see the outcome of a cross with henryanum. Specifically, would be amazing if the strong coloration from both parents carried through to the offspring.

Here is one from our FB with darker coloring. Trying to cross it with something fatter. :)
https://www.facebook.com/theorchidz...0.1444792094./993999070650818/?type=3&theater
JC

Cool. I've seen several crosses of similar type (i.e. henry x maudiae-type), but only ones made with relatively lightly colored maudiae parent. With all the vini paphs out there, I'd be curious to see the outcome of a cross with henryanum. Specifically, would be amazing if the strong coloration from both parents carried through to the offspring.

I've seen some great looking flowers made from henry x fowliei or sukhakulii.

There is a nice cross using vini called Paphiopedilum Hot Spot.

Latest posts

Back