Paph. fairrieanum ('Red Wonder' x self) update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lori.b

Reaction score
BD8C9F0D-730F-420E-92C3-1CEB0135E501.jpegAACDF556-2083-4BDA-93D8-6D5291865858.jpeg
Apologies for taking so long to post this update. I was away for a few days and then my cat got sick when I got home. All is well now and this fairrieanum has both blooms fully open. It has two new small growths at the base of the plant so we'll see what happens with the next blooming.

Nice healthy plant and bifloral!

I have never been able to get two flowers on one inflorescence. Does this plant always flower like this? I wonder if it’s genetically programmed.

This really well grown plant carries two great flowers 👌 .... Congrats, Lori and no need to apologize. There are sometimes more important things in life than posting fotos to an orchid forum.

Nice healthy plant and bifloral!

I have never been able to get two flowers on one inflorescence. Does this plant always flower like this? I wonder if it’s genetically programmed.
It had one flower when it bloomed for the first time but as I recall there was a very small second bud that didn't do much of anything and eventually blasted. Maybe you're right and this one is genetically programmed. It came from Paph Paradise so I'd be curious to know if any of the other fairrieanums from there are also producing double blooms.

This really well grown plant carries two great flowers 👌 .... Congrats, Lori and no need to apologize. There are sometimes more important things in life than posting fotos to an orchid forum.
Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back