Paphiopedilum helenae x Pacific Shamrock

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

musiclovertony

I can take no credit for this beauty. I bought it in flower from Natt's Orchids, at our local orchid society Winter Carnival. It's got one previously bloomed growth, the growth in bloom, one mature growth and a small new growth

4324636879_50e1f8822d_b.jpg

4324636351_21792596c0_o.jpg

Gorgeous!! You picked a winner! Love the colors and shape! Group shot is great, too!!

Nope, Tyrone. It has one growth that has bloomed before. It's blooming with 3 leaves on a growth!

There's only one thing wrong with this plant... :poke: It's not mine!

Tony, your's is a little different then mine, the name is Paph. In-Charm Topaz (helenae X Pacific Shamrock), and I do know the color changes as it ages, mine has alot of green in this pic, it's more yellow now.... Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_2514.JPG
    IMG_2514.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 8
Sorry for being a noob but what's the pretty little pink one in the background of the second pic?

Thanks for the info, Jim! It's nice to know the name of the hybrid :) Ours do look a bit different. Yours seems to have more of a white halo around the dorsal sepal. The vendor had two other plants of the same cross. This was the one that I preferred of the three.

Heidi, the pink one is a Paphiopedilum Delophyllum (delenatii x glaucophyllum). It was on its way out when that pic was taken, it dropped off the next evening.

Thanks all for the nice comments!

PS I highly recommend Natt's Orchids. Every plant they had was wonderful. Most were multi-growth at very reasonable prices. I also picked up a Bulbophyllum echinolabium with a very low spike and a Ludisia discolor in bud, both of which look impeccably well grown and cared for (we'll see how long that holds true in my care :p)

OH Yes, Tony mine came from Natt's also, that is a great vendor, and the good news is I only live a couple of miles from them...... Jim.

Cute! What a bummer I missed out on the show.:(

Yeah :( Next time, though! I'm sure OL will bring some great plants to the next OSM meeting!

That is just wonderful. I'm in love with it. Seems to be really helenae dominated.

David

Thank you, it does look very helenae influenced. The flower is a lot smaller, with narrower petals than I would expect from a complex hybrid.

OH Yes, Tony mine came from Natt's also, that is a great vendor, and the good news is I only live a couple of miles from them...... Jim.

Lucky man!!

Also, Eric, I'm glad to hear that Ludisia is easy to grow! I just did some rearranging in my growing area to try to create more lower light areas. So I've got the Ludisia and some of my paphs about 6 feet from a 430W metal halide bulb. Does that sound about right to you??

That's a nice little hybrid. I have a helenae crossed with a different hybrid (I can't be bothered looking it up) and it will be interesting to compare one day when it finally flowers.

Back