Quantcast

Paphiopedilum godefroyae var leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
... 2 have a couple of spots on the pouch which technically rules them out....
All three are lovely godefroyaes and you are right, only one is the var. leucochilum. My favourite is #1 because it's shape is round and flat, not hooded and the markings are good as well.

HairBear73

Reaction score
All three are lovely godefroyaes and you are right, only one is the var. leucochilum. My favourite is #1 because it's shape is round and flat, not hooded and the markings are good as well.
I agree, I also think that one is the best for the reasons you give :)

Ernieg96

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that one looks massive next to its sibling

Guldal

Reaction score
I agree, I also think that one is the best for the reasons you give :)
I can follow the reasoning of you both....but my leanings might, probably, in the end still draw me the most to #3. That pure, unspotted lip in contrast to the very beautifull, dark pattern of the petals! In the judging system its hooded dorsal sepal would probably be held against it - except for that, I think it has quite harmonious proportions and form. I wonder, if the hoodedness might not be, what one overall most frequently might encounter in nature?

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
I can follow the reasoning of you both....but my leanings might, probably, in the end still draw me the most to #3.....
Jens, I was thinking some time before I wrote my statement oscillating between #1 and #3. And to be honest...yes #3 has its traits of beauty too. 👍

Latest posts