Paphiopedilum godefroyae var leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All three are lovely godefroyaes and you are right, only one is the var. leucochilum. My favourite is #1 because it's shape is round and flat, not hooded and the markings are good as well.
I agree, I also think that one is the best for the reasons you give :)

All three are lovely godefroyaes and you are right, only one is the var. leucochilum. My favourite is #1 because it's shape is round and flat, not hooded and the markings are good as well.
I agree, I also think that one is the best for the reasons you give :)
I can follow the reasoning of you both....but my leanings might, probably, in the end still draw me the most to #3. That pure, unspotted lip in contrast to the very beautifull, dark pattern of the petals! In the judging system its hooded dorsal sepal would probably be held against it - except for that, I think it has quite harmonious proportions and form. I wonder, if the hoodedness might not be, what one overall most frequently might encounter in nature?

I can follow the reasoning of you both....but my leanings might, probably, in the end still draw me the most to #3.....

Jens, I was thinking some time before I wrote my statement oscillating between #1 and #3. And to be honest...yes #3 has its traits of beauty too. đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Back