Paphiopedilum Gary Romagna 'Affirmed'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dorsal is amazing but it is a pity about the rest of the flower. Too much influence from the phillipinense.

I enjoy the flower more this way. Most Gary Romagna look like horrible small yellow roths. This flower has amazing dorsal and synsepal, thick substance and long interesting petals. If you want roth just get a roth. A Gary Romagna with heavy roth influence looks like a crappy roth.

I enjoy the flower more this way. Most Gary Romagna look like horrible small yellow roths. This flower has amazing dorsal and synsepal, thick substance and long interesting petals. If you want roth just get a roth. A Gary Romagna with heavy roth influence looks like a crappy roth.

I guess it is difficult to gauge the size from just a photo. You would really have to see it in person to appreciate it.

I agree that if you want a roth looking flower than just get a roth. It is nice to see a bit of the yellow colour from the phillipinense coming through in a Gary Romagna. I have one of those 'horrible small yellow roth' Garry Romagna's. :poke: I like the colour and form though. If you combined it with the size of yours than that would be perfect for me.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35636&highlight=Gary+romagna

But I'm guessing a GR will bloom more easily than a regular Roth?

I like both flowers Ken and David. Ken yours shows better spacing then the one I bloomed. I must have a cappy roth-a-like. Davis yours doesn't look like roth with that strong yellow pouch. Your has a great color combo.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back