Paphiopedilum fairrieanum 'Ellis's Emeralds' CCM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"slight blushing"? Please don't point that out...you know what I mean:D
It is a well-grown plant with beautiful flowers, congrats!

"slight blushing"? Please don't point that out...
Hey, I know my audience. ;) 😏
The fact, that the plant doesn't correspond to the botanical description of fma. bohlmannianum (the albino form of fairrieanum), does not the least detract from the beauty of the flowers and the incredible cultural skills of Darlene!
Thus, why bother conceal, what's unconcealable? And as Darlene herself wisely remarks, what wouldn't - and shouldn't go unnoticed in these pages. . Never the less, wonderful flowers and more than impressive culture! 🫠

Incredible culture getting that clump, and great substance to those flowers. Gorgeous photography as well, what’s your setup?

I have to agree, an incredible great culture and a stunning clump! I never have such sucess with fairrieanum. What is your light level for this Paph?

Incredible culture getting that clump, and great substance to those flowers. Gorgeous photography as well, what’s your setup?
Thank you! I am using a pretty basic photo lightbox with a black velvet liner on the bottom and back walls. After trying a couple of lighting sets, I decided to repurpose my craft 24 Watt Ott Lite lamp. It worked better than my prior lighting set up. I have a few camera options, but for posting, the pro mode of my Samsung works well enough

I have to agree, an incredible great culture and a stunning clump! I never have such sucess with fairrieanum. What is your light level for this Paph?
Thank you!
I am challenged to answer this well. I don't measure my light levels as scientifically as some growers. This paph receives moderate light level year round. In the cooler months, it is under LED lights (4FT 4 tube fixture) where it is about 14-16 under the lights. It seems to appreciate cooler temperature drops in the fall-early spring. During those times day temps are in the mid 70sF (~24-25C) and night temps are in the upper 50sF/low 60sF (~15C).

The fact, that the plant doesn't correspond to the botanical description of fma. bohlmannianum (the albino form of fairrieanum), does not the least detract from the beauty of the flowers and the incredible cultural skills of Darlene!
Thus, why bother conceal, what's unconcealable? And as Darlene herself wisely remarks, what wouldn't - and shouldn't go unnoticed in these pages. . Never the less, wonderful flowers and more than impressive culture! 🫠
You didn't get it(a joke in plain English)! Why always so serious? LOL!
Congrats again, Darlene!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back