Paphiopedilum delenatii f. vinicolor (Dunkel) 'Purple Lantern' x 'Purple Delight'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Paphiopedilum delenatii f. vinicolor (Dunkel) 'Purple Lantern' x 'Purple Delight'

Fist bloom of one of the 3 plants I get from Wayne last year. the flower is not fully open.

Paphiopedilumdelenatiifvinicolor2_web.jpg

Paphiopedilumdelenatiifvinicolor_web2.jpg

wow excellent! nice form and great color. that was a beautiful batch of plants. was this only 2+ years from flask?

Great Flower!

I love this variety, but I cannot get mine to perform. I grow the standard variety just fine, but this one does not like the same conditions. How do you grow yours?

I love this variety, but I cannot get mine to perform. I grow the standard variety just fine, but this one does not like the same conditions. How do you grow yours?

On the "cool" side I would say. Late summer: 17 C at night and 27 C in the day.13 at night and 20 C last winter. Now: 15 at night and 23 day.

Fert: 60 yo 80 ppm N every watering

It received rather intense light (for a Paph!!!) since november.

But I don't know if these conditions are really the key of the success since the plants I received were already large and vigorous!!

On the "cool" side I would say. Late summer: 17 C at night and 27 C in the day.13 at night and 20 C last winter. Now: 15 at night and 23 day.

Fert: 60 yo 80 ppm N every watering

It received rather intense light (for a Paph!!!) since november.

But I don't know if these conditions are really the key of the success since the plants I received were already large and vigorous!!

You got that right! I threw out 33% of the slow delenatii vinicolor seedlings and sold you all the vigorous and large ones! If it doesn't grow for me, it will not grow for you!

I grew them from compots in warm temperatures and high humidity.

They seem to slow down in the fall and winter and require less watering. At this time of the year they require the medium to dry out slightly before watering otherwise you will get root rot! They like more light and intermediate temperatures to get them to spike!

Then in spring and summer they grow much more quicker and require more watering, fertilizer and warmer temperatures. They will produce new leaves and roots at this time of the year and should only be repotted at this time.

Paphman910

Hi Erythrone. Here is my paph. A sibling of your plant. I also got it from my friend Wayne and came from the same flask. They seem to be consistent and are blooming at the same time as scheduled. Looks like an easy bloomer as well.

JPMC, I also grow mine same as Erythrone. 16c is the lowest at night and 28c is the highest in the morning. My delenatii alba seems to have a bract as well but less than half the size of the plant vinicolor.

DSC_0342.jpg

Very nice delenatii, wonder how much generation of line breeding need to be done before we get delenatii's with complete pink sepals + dorsal.

Latest posts

Back