Paphiopedilum chamberlainianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaph

Reaction score
34863170440_eac2a53a3c_c.jpg

Very nice crisp photo of beautiful flowers!

How would you rate the growth speed on this plant?
I tried two plants and both were terribly slow. not sure if I want to try one more or give up on them.

Very nice crisp photo of beautiful flowers!

How would you rate the growth speed on this plant?
I tried two plants and both were terribly slow. not sure if I want to try one more or give up on them.

Thanks!

Yes, they are slow :( I have another I bought as near blooming size which I have had for 3 years and it still hasn't bloomed. It was a treat to get this one to finally bloom. I bought it as blooming size and it took another 2 years till it bloomed.

I bought two big flowering sized plants two years ago also.
One actually bloomed but I gave it away.

They are probably the worst grower of anything I've ever had along with a few seedlings of micranthum x Fumi's Delight cross.
Gosh, I honestly feel like dumping them all out sometimes. lol
and only so much more so after seeing that Orchid Inn carries this species for good price any way. :D

Now, I have a third plant, which has a tag that reads victoria-reginae, which I think is the same thing as chamberlainianum, except the plant is much much smaller. It is supposedly a flowering size. It is pushing yet another leaf, not a spike.

That's really, really beautiful! What I especially like about this clone is the perfectly clear, sharp, richly coloured markings. There's nothing "fuzzy" or "smudged" about the colour on this one. That's really great! You should self it and make more.

Keep growing it well and it will build up strength as it gets bigger. In time (5 or 6 years), it will become multiple growth with mulitple inflorescences that never stop blooming. I've seen big, old specimens of this species and they were spectacular! It just takes dedication to put in the time.

Victoria reginae name came first. Then there was no proof of any difference between the two so vr takes presence.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Victoria reginae name came first. Then there was no proof of any difference between the two so vr takes presence.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I did not say the article stated that chamberlainianum name came first, it stated that "for plants formerly known as such are the same as VR and that is now the commonly accepted name".

Latest posts

Back