Paph. Wossner Zwerg (Barbigerum x Helenae)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petro

Reaction score
This little guy came from Ross a few years ago and is a very reliable bloomer. Really like the form and color of this primary. And it's really taken off this year—four new leads, so I'm hoping for multiple blooms next year.

10105822624_e8caf9c16a_c.jpg

I got one of these during their sale a month ago. Amazingly small plants, as in it's a multigrowth plant with very tiny foliage. I honestly didn't realize they would be so small and compact. I love it.

I hope when mine blooms, it turns out this nice. They are adorable plants. How big are the blooms in comparison to the foliage?

Thanks for the kind comments, all!

emydura—I believe Ross used barbigerum 'G' for this cross.

mrhappyrotter—It's definitely a mini and will clump up, but stay nice and compact. I'd say the flowers are proportionate to the small size of the plant, probably 1.5 to 2 inches across. It's definitely aptly named, "zwerg" translates to "dwarf" in German. You'll have to post some pictures of yours when it blooms!

This is beautifully photographed, and a delightful little bloom! I have four from Ross, each slightly different, and all have formed nice clumps and bloom with several flowers. They are among my all-time favorite flowers, since they are cheerful, cleanly designed, and seem to combine the best characteristics of the parents.

Thanks all! I'm trying to get better with photographing, so this is encouraging. :)

Latest posts

Back