Paph Wizard of Oz 'Hauserman's Toto' cross ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabnc

Reaction score
I started trying to grow paphs last year. Purchased a few plants from a friend in Winston Salem, NC. I grow indoors under lights and have my first flower to show for my efforts.

But the irony, of all the plants, this one has no tag. My friend purchased the plants from Hauserman's in 2008 / 2009. They had tags and she recalls them being a cross with Paph Wizard of Oz 'Hauserman's Toto' or perhaps Paph Black Stallion ?

I have emailed Hauserman's and may still get an answer. But thought perhaps someone here bought the same cross(es). Thanks

Charlie

Attachments

• plant06Apr2011.jpg
    plant06Apr2011.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 22
  • flower06Apr2011.jpg
    flower06Apr2011.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 28
  • flowerpicB06Apr2011.jpg
    flowerpicB06Apr2011.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 14
BINGO - I have (Black Stallion x Joanne's Wine) x Wizard of Oz 'Hausermann's Toto', that's probably it, mine's in bloom now too, although they do look different shape wise. It was purchased fall '08 at the annual Chicagoland Orchidfest.
BlkStallionxJoAWinexWizofOz001.jpg

Thanks for the information. My flower has a ns of 4.5 inches. The dorsal is 2.25 in wide, 2 in tall. Your flower appears smaller but is much darker. My dorsal progressively lightens to pink/white at the top edge.

Thanks again.

Charlie

It is smaller & doesn't want to open all the way. The plant is small so I've already snipped it & looks like I'll hold on to it & give it another chance.

Latest posts

Back