Paph villosum v. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
What a surprise when this one blooomed! Here, you see the tag in the pot. No indication this would be album.
IMG_9368_zpsya4f2vh6.jpg

Doug George has bloomed two and both beautifully colored.

But not mine, why?
Paph%20villosum%20v.%20album1_zpsvvxesqhs.jpg

It's beautiful!!! I'll take it. Haha

It's possible that the tag is wrong.
I have bought one bellatulum from QF but it turned out to be Bella x Vietnamese.

Btw, is it really that green or is it the light?

A beautiful green one!
I would say it is probably mislabeled. Hadley has some very nice albine P. villosum too and did probably some breeding with these.
Is this plant red colored at the base of the leaves?

It's funny you ask about the plant's leaf color. I paid no attention to it earlier but yes, it is solid green. I bought two at the time so checked the second plant and it does have maroon speckling to the base of it. It has the same tag as the first.

The dorsal is very green and the pouch/ petals are yellow, yellow/green. I'll try to photograph the whole plant tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

That is great Rick.

This is supposedly one of the parents.................... 'Candor XL'. enshot tool[/url]

If both parents carried the alba gene and then you selfed the seedling (as done here), 25% of seedlings will be alba. Don't know if that is true or not but it is a possibility.

Nice surprise. Same thing happened to me once but with barbigerum. I wasn't dissapointed.

That is great Rick.

If both parents carried the alba gene and then you selfed the seedling (as done here), 25% of seedlings will be alba. Don't know if that is true or not but it is a possibility.

That's my thought, also. I think you have a winner!

Sorry but if only one parent is genetically 'half alba' then there is no chance of producing an alba in the next generation.
To produce 25% albas would require both parents to be half alba.
David

Latest posts

Back