Paph villosum v. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but if only onethe parent is genetically 'half alba' then there is no chance of producing an alba in the next generation.
To produce 25% albas would require both parents to be half alba.
David

The 'half alba' plant was then selfed. So a half alba crossed with a half alba sould give you one in 4 being full alba. That is how I interpreted the label.

The cross 'as written' means that a single individual was selfed. One of the parents of this individual may have been half alba. If this was the case then there would have been a 50:50 chance of that individual inheriting the alba gene. If it did then you are correct that you would expect to see a quarter of the progeny as albas,
David

SO you got the much rarer, more beautiful, more valuable album form and you're not happy?

SO you got the much rarer, more beautiful, more valuable album form and you're not happy?
No, not at all. I'm very happy with the out come. Just surprisingly shocked. I think the five dollars I spent for each plant was well spent :D

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Photo Update:

Dorsal has a slight twist but very villosum-like as a mature flower.
Paph%20villosum%20v.%20album_zpsyuoquann.jpg

Latest posts

Back